Space118 is one of the oldest independent, international and well–resourced residency spaces in Bombay for visual art practitioners.
Criteria for Applications
Artists applying for the studio and residency space must be dedicated practitioners, either self-taught or formally trained. In order to avail the application form for studio or residency, kindly write to email@example.com along with your CV and artwork images. Please visit our FAQs for more information on application.
What is available:
• Studio space at Space118
• Wi-Fi internet connection
• Administrative assistance
• 24 hour security
• Extensive library for reference and research
• Regular updates on art and cultural events around Mumbai
• Pantry facility
• Housekeeping service
• Car parking facility at the studio
We do not provide:
• Travel expenses
• Insurance of any kind
• Food and beverages – We have information on Tiffin services available from which you can choose.
• Any kind of artist material/s
• Other miscellaneous expenses
Initiative Undertaken for Artists
• Ice breaker sessions are conducted in order to allow artists at the studio space to connect, understand and engage with each other and their respective practises.
• Visiting Mentors are invited to the studio during the month The purpose of these to primarily to guide the artists via one-on-one talks and interactive sessions. These intimate discussions provide a platform to receive valuable knowledge, guidance and sharing of experiences of our Mentors from their respective fields of expertise.
• Open Studio Day is usually scheduled for the end of the term at the end of the month which allows the artists to showcase their ideas or works to friends, fellow students, curators, collectors,
• Social Media Updates via Mailers, Facebook and Instagram of happenings at our studios and welcoming of artists to our studio space is a regular feature.
• Open Call offers the artists an opportunity for a multicultural and multidisciplinary exchange program at Space118.
• Workshops, talks and events are organised periodically by artists, writers, intellectuals and researchers in the field of art provide creative stimulation and inspiration to artists at our space.
*We provide accommodation for artists who apply for a Studio Residency on a case-to-case basis.